Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review & swatches: Mckfresh #41 (Zubat!)

Mckfresh Nail Attire is a new Australian indie polish company that I've had my eye on for a while. They started out with a Labrynth-inspired collection, but it was their limited edition Pokemon polishes that really caught my eye (pun intended).

Left to right, top to bottom: 001 - Bulbasaur, 004 - Charmander, 039 - Jigglypuff, 032 - Nidoran, 054 - Psyduck, 041 - Zubat.

These babies were only released as a collection, with whatever left-overs to be sold singly. I really didn't want to miss out on Bulbasaur, Nidoran or Zubat, so I grabbed the set. I won't be swatching Jigglypuff or Psyduck as those are going to friends. All of these except for Zubat and Charmander are STILL available in the Mckfresh etsy store! I'm showing you Zubat today, even though you can't have it. Muahahahaha ;)

Zubat is described as "beautiful purple/blue shimmer with purple and navy glitters, silver dust." I layered one coat over two coats of Revlon Rock, which is a deep purple creme.

Indirect sunlight
The description does not do this polish justice. I see two sizes of lavender hexes, indigo hexes, purple squares, magenta diamonds, superfine silver glitter AND the base itself is a deep shimmery purple.

Direct sunlight
No fishing required, but if you like fairly thick glitter coverage, you'd want to do two coats. With one coat, it dries quite smooth. I only needed a one layer of topcoat.

Direct sunlight
Artificial light
I got my package SUPER fast, wrapped really well. I'm incredibly impressed with Mckfresh so far. Good news for international ladies - they will be stocked at Mei Mei's Signatures very soon! Like them on Facebook for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!