Thursday, September 27, 2012

Swatcharama! The results of my teal eyeshadow hunt

The problem with ordering from indie companies when you live in Australia is that orders tend to take forever to arrive, so you kind of forget what you ordered, and if you're obsessed with a certain colour which is not currently in your collection... fast forward a month and this happens:




Yep. I ended up with FOUR different teal eyeshadows - and they're ALL full-sized. *smacks self* It's nothing compared to the taupe/neutral collection I amassed at Old Job, but still!

I've already swatched them all and done a bit of comparing in individual reviews, but I thought I will do a full comparison post for anyone who is currently sporting a teal-shaped hole in their eyeshadow collection (which I clearly no longer am). Also to console myself that they're not all dupes, heh. I also got sent a sample of one of Femme Fatale Cosmetics' new teal-y shades with my nail polish order, so I'll be swatching that too.
I actually talked myself out of ordering this. SCORE.
All eyeshadows will be swatched over Pixie Epoxy except for Asylum, which is matte and will therefore be swatched over Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.

From left to right: Eternal Trance (Femme Fatale Cosmetics), Koi-eurism (Scaredy Cat Cosmetics), Asylum (Detrivore Cosmetics), Dance of Death (Shiro Cosmetics), Giacinta (Aromaleigh). Apologies right up front, Dance of Death was Shiro's colour of the month from July/August so it is no longer available.




Eternal Trance is the darkest and has fine green shimmer.

Koi-eurism is the palest. Full review here.

Asylum is a very blue teal and is the only matte. Full review here.

Dance of Death is a duochrome teal, it has an emerald base with aqua blue glitter. Full review here.

Giacinta is a slightly metallic, blue-toned teal. Full review here.

Thankfully, NONE of them are dupes of each other! Koi-eurism and Dance of Death are the most similar, though Dance of Death is a much more complex colour.

1 comment:

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!