Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Detrivore Cosmetics! Lip products

I finally ordered from Detrivore Cosmetics! They were having a summer sale, so I decided to take advantage of that and try a few of their products. I got two Lip Glosses, one matte shadows and two highlighters. Distorria very kindly added two samples of her infamous matte eyeshadow shades to my order. This post will be about the lip glosses, and I will cover the eyeshadows seperately.




The glosses are $6 for 5.9ml, which is a good price and size IMO. Looking at my beaten-up tube of Rimmel Stay Glossy, it's 5.5ml and was about $12. The old Fyrinnae lip lustre full-size was 5.8ml (their new one is 8ml). The labels are waterproof (yay!)


Quick colour comparison:

Fyrinnae Coffin Velvet, Detrivore Coralline, Fyrinnae Fanservice

 Morgana Minerals Roses and Violets, Shiro Forty Cakes, Detrivore Banshee


Banshee:



Slightly sheer, pretty soft pink.

AND NOW THE MAIN EVENT: Coralline!
Lightly applied (1 coat)


Heavily applied (3 coats)



OMGILOVEITINEEDTWELVE. Ahem.

These lip glosses are creamy and smooth, they don't feel sticky in the slightest. Even layering Coralline on my lips did not make my lips feel oily or goopy. They have some skin-friendly oils in the ingredients so I'd imagine your lips will feel nice after taking them off, BUT I had to actually wait a day or so to swatch Coralline since the first time I put it on my lips were a bit flaky and the colour latched onto alllllll of that and it looked pretty gross. So if you're interested in one of the more pigmented Detrivore glosses, I would exfoliate and moisturise quite thoroughly first.

Other than that, I can tell Banshee will become a real staple lip colour for me and Coralline is THE BEST true purple lip colour I have found for my skintone (where Fyrinane's Coffin Velvet was too red and dark and Fanservice was too pale and milky).

Full face deets:
Covergirl Liquiline Blast eyeliner in black
Aromaleigh Faux Eva Green on lower lashline
Neutrogina Ultra-sheer moisturiser
Australis Fresh & Flawless pressed powder in Darkest Brown (LOL)
Brow powder I mixed myself
Sassy Minerals blush in Optimist
No mascara 'cos I'm lazy

Eyeshadow review and swatches will be up soon!

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOH CORALINE!! Definitely an awesome colour! Banshee looks really nice on as well!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!