Tuesday, May 24, 2011

EoTDs from April/May

I think most of these are 'fun' ones. As the weather gets colder I stay in bed longer, so lately when I do makeup for work I have just enough time to slap everything on, make sure I have essentials like wallet, phone etc. and run out the door! I might be more keen to make time for photos when my new work make-up gets here (an Estee Lauder palette and a Lost in Makeupland palette!)

Cupcake Sprinkles from Fyrinnae.
Can't remember what I used to highlight :(
You can tell by the slight creasing in my inner corner
that this was taken in the evening, rather than the morning.
Sometime in the next week or so, I'm going down to my hairdresser's for a trim and I'm going to ask them to shape my eyebrows. I've suddenly realised that one is a lot bigger than the other, and it's making bright/shaped make-up hard to do, because it always looks so gosh-darn uneven! Also one brow is more arched than the other which drives me nuts when I try to fill them in.



I think this is a work look...
I think that's LE #34 from High Voltage on the lid.
I think.
On second thoughts, this looks a bit dark for work.

 Ruby Slippers from Sassy Minerals, with a bit of
What a Drag from High Voltage in the crease and on the lashline.
Frost from Concrete Minerals to highlight.
If you don't have Ruby Slippers...
you should get it. It's seriously stunning.
Sugarpill! Flamepoint, Tako and Bulletproof.
I've actually been using Flamepoint nearly every day...
as a blush! Dabbing the blush brush really gently on the compact,
and then making sure to blend really well
gives me this amazing neon glow.
Sugarpill, Tipsy this time. 
Actual eyeliner! Covergirl Liquiline Blast. 
I did a slightly different shape with my outer corners
than usual, and really thick cat's eye liner.
Phew! No NoTDs because work polish is boring and I've broken three of my nails down to the quick and there are some bumps on them from glue and emergency tea-bag repair. Not pretty. 

I hauled some gorgeous Fyrinnae neutrals recently. As soon as I finish my final assignment, I'll be doing a swatch post with those. Then after my exam, I'm going to read copious amounts of comic books, and hopefully start working on writing pieces to submit to some magazines. I felt like I really made a lot of progress in my writing this semester - no thanks to my class, though, Emily and I started up a creative writing group which meets weekly. It's been so good. I can't wait for the semester to be fully over so I can devote more time to writing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I need Ruby Slippers, that HV LE colour and I totally need to steal that Flamepoint look :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I really love Ruby Slippers! I love the look you did with Flamepoint as well. I think that it's an awesome idea to use Flamepoint as a blush, I'm going to have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby Slippers is effing gorgeous.

    Let me know how you go with Flamepoint-as-blush, Vulcan! :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!