Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Project!

I've finished uni and work's not being too liberal with shifts (for me, anyway) so I'm finding I have a lot of free time on my hands. Struggling with ideas that don't require lots of moolah (see above re: not a lot of work), I've decided I ought to do some more reading and reviewing. I am behind on my comic reviews, so I'll get to that, but I've decided to work my way through the Australian scifi/fantasy section of my uni's library, and my own bookshelf. I'm passionate about Australian authors (since I hope to be one :P) and even though my blog is mostly beauty (and that's a lot of fun!) I've decided to branch out a bit more. I'll also being doing some classics/'must-read' books. I just finished Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I'm going to re-read it before I review it, if I can manage to keep myself away from all the shiny new books I'll be getting tomorrow!

I will keep posting make-up and nail polish stuff, don't worry (I have a lovely big High Voltage Cosmetics order on the way)! And I still have my handy-dandy tags at the top of the posts, so you can see without having to read the post itself what it's going to contain.

Do you have a favourite book/series/comic? Please comment and let me know; if I can get my hands on it, I'll definitely read and review it! If you don't have any rec's, tell me what kind of info you like to see in book/comics reviews.

On my shelf (Aussie authors bolded):
The View From the Mirror quartet by Ian Irvine
Silverbirch by Rob Kaay
Dragon of the Second Moon by Christian Taamblyn done!

Dragonfly by Frederic S. Durban I'm dumb, and forgot I already did a review of this. Read it here. See how my blogging style has changed (heh). Then go get the book.

Dark Heavens trilogy by Kylie Chan

On my list:
Ansai Boys by Neil Gaiman
Life of Pi by Yann Martel (read)
My Last Duchess by Ian Crichton Smith (read)

Comics:
Serenity: Shepherd's Tale
Artifacts #1
Kill Shakespeare #3-#6
Chew, vol. #1 & #2
Deadpool: Pulp, #1-#4
Changing Ways, volume 1 done!

Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War   done!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see a Deadpool review! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, well at the moment all I have is Pulp, Wade Wilson's War and a pile of Merc With a Mouth (which disappeared from my LCS, and I was really enjoying it!)

    Deadpool was pretty much my introduction to non-Whedonverse comics, so of course he gets a spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Join Goodreads you hoebag! :D

    Also, holy shit your library has an AUSSIE scifi/fantasy section? Epic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh I keep meaning to and then forgetting! Yeah, the books are divided into continent and then alphabetical by author. So poor John Wyndam's books have 'EW' plastered over their spines!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!