Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Webcomic review: Cealdian

I was actually checking one of my favourite bi-weekly webcomics for an update, when another reader linked this in the comics, citing it as "An amazing webcomic with not nearly enough readers". So naturally, I clicked.

Be warned, Cealdian only updates once a week fortnight while, but there is a good reason for this: the art is AH-MAY-ZING.

Seriously, it's so intricate, detailed, and beautifully coloured.... but it's annoying because the storyline is so intruiging and you really want to know what's in store but you gotta wait!

It's set in a medieval sort of era, and the costumes and locations are really thoroughly researched and constructed. "Cealdian is based a lot on epic poems like that of Beowulf, the Song of Roland, etc. There's also a lot of Tolkien in there", as its creator says. Already the plot reveals some layers and the characters have quite distinct personalities. I think it's definitely worth the wait to see where artist/writer Anne Szabla is going with this series. 

I could spend a few more paragraphs gushing over this comic, but I won't. Go check it out, you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!